a) Leia and your personal information
References to we, our or us in this notice are to Snizl Ltd t/a Noisy Elephant.
The protection of your personal information is important to us. We respect your privacy and want you to understand what we do with the information we hold about you. This privacy notice applies to personal information we hold about individuals. It does not apply to information held about companies and other organisations. It applies if you are an individual user of our service and to you as an employee of one of our advertisers.
This privacy notice explains how we collect, share and use personal information.
Our contact and registration details are as follows:
|Company Name:||Snizl Ltd t/a Noisy Elephant|
|Place of Registration:||England and Wales|
|Registered office:||Suite 3, Elizabethan House, Leicester Rd, Lutterworth, England, LE17 4NJ|
b) Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
We may also collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Contact details: information that allows us to contact you directly such as your name, email address, telephone number and addresses associated with your account.
- Security details: such as your password and other security-related information used to access your account.
- Responses to surveys, competitions and promotions: we keep records of any surveys you respond to or your entry into any competition or promotion we run.
- How you use our website: when you use our website we collect information about how you use them.
- Location information: your computer’s IP address may tell us an approximate location when you connect to our websites or use our app but this will be no more precise than the city, state or country you are using your device in.
You are not required to provide any of the personal information described above to us, however, if you do not do so, you may not be able to purchase our products.
If any of the information you provide is inaccurate or incomplete this may void or reduce any claims made under any contract we have with you for the supply of our products.
c) What we use your personal information for
|Purpose||Personal information used||Lawful basis|
|Maintain your account||All the personal information we collect.||This is necessary to fulfil our contract with you.|
|Answer your queries or complaints||All the personal information we collect.||We have a legitimate interest to improve the products and services we provide.|
|Maintain and improve our products and services||All the personal information we collect.||We have a legitimate interest to improve the products and services we provide.|
|Data analytics and statistical research to help us improve our online services.||How you use our website, Transaction information, Records of your discussions with our customer support teams.||We have a legitimate interest to improve the products and services we provide.|
|Staff training||All the personal information we collect.||We have a legitimate interest to improve the products and services we provide.|
|Develop new products and services||All the personal information we collect.||We have a legitimate interest to improve the products and services we provide.|
|Determine products and services that may be of interest to you||All personal information we collect.||We have a legitimate interest to improve the products and services we provide.|
|Direct marketing (individuals)||Contact details, Products and services that we have determined may be of interest to you.||If you are an individual user of our service, we will ask for your consent to process your data for this purpose, you may revoke your consent at any point. If you revoke your consent we will keep a record of this so that we know not to issue direct marketing to you.|
|Investigating misuse of your account and fraud||All the personal information we collect.||We have a legitimate interest to prevent misuse and detect crime.|
We may anonymise and aggregate any of the personal information we hold (so that it does not directly identify you). We may use anonymised and aggregated information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site and developing new products and services.
d) Sources we collect your personal information from
We will collect personal information from a number of sources. These include the following:
- Directly from you: when you create, manage or amend your account with us, purchase products from us, complete forms we provide to you, enter our competitions and promotions, make a claim, make a complaint, contact us by phone, email or communicate with us directly in some other way.
- From advertisers: advertisers inform us when you make a purchase from an advert on our site.
- Our website: provides us with information about how you use it and the devices in your home that you connect to them.
e) Who we share your personal information with
We share personal information with the following parties:
- Companies in the same group of companies as us: for the purpose of providing a service to you.
- Data analytics suppliers: To better understand how people use our websites and app.
- Other service providers and advisors: such as companies that support our IT, help us analyse the data we hold, process payments, send communications to our customers, provide us with legal or financial advice and generally help us deliver our products and services to you.
- Purchasers of our business: buyers or perspective buyers who we sell or negotiate to sell our business to.
- The Government or our regulators: where we are required to do so by law or to assist with their investigations.
- Police and law enforcement: to assist with the investigation and prevention of crime.
In addition, we use the services of third-party companies to help us carry out and measure the effectiveness of our service accessed through our website. For example, these third parties may ensure that you are shown ads at appropriate frequencies so that you do not see the same ad repeatedly. These companies also may use this information, combined with information they may collect at other websites, to show you ads that are targeted to your interests. You may be able to opt-out of behavioural targeting from these companies who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), which offers the ability to opt-out from online behavioural advertising by any or all member companies on a single page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. Opting out of a network does not mean that you will no longer receive online advertising or that the network will stop collecting information about your visit to the sites. It does mean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your Web preferences and usage patterns.
We also use Google Analytics which sets cookies to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website and blog, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout .
We do not disclose personal information to anyone else except as set out above. We may provide third parties with aggregate statistical information and analytics about users of our products and services but we will make sure no one can be identified from this information before we disclose it.
f) Direct Marketing
Email, post, telephone and SMS marketing: from time to time, we may contact you by email, post, telephone or SMS with information about products we believe you may be interested in.
If you are an individual use of our service, we will only direct market you in accordance with the marketing preferences you set when you create your account or that you tell us afterwards you are happy to receive. If you are an employee of an advertiser, we may market to the business for whom you work and you may opt of such marketing at any time.
You can let us know at any time that you do not wish to receive marketing messages by sending an email to us at address. You can also unsubscribe from our marketing by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing messages we send to you.
g) Transferring your personal information internationally
h) How long do we keep personal information for
We will keep your personal information for as long as you have an account with us. After you close your account with us we will keep your personal information for a reasonable period to maintain our records and legal obligations to you.
Our website and our app have numerous security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control, such as passwords and firewalls. We cannot, however, guarantee that these measures are, or will remain, adequate. We do, however, take data security very seriously and will use all reasonable endeavours to protect the integrity of the information you provide.
j) Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information: (i) the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used; (ii) the right to access the personal information we hold about you; (iii) the right to opt-out of receiving direct marketing messages; (iv) the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you; (v) the right to request the blocking or deletion of your personal information where the processing does not comply with applicable data protection laws and; (vi) the right to request that we port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us by using the details set out in the “Contacting us” section below”.
If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal information you can also complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office or your local data protection regulator. We are here to help and encourage to contact us to resolve your complaint first. More information about your legal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/.
k) Changes to this notice
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. When we change this notice in a material way, we will update the version date at the bottom of this section. For significant changes to this notice we will try to give you reasonable notice unless we are prevented from doing so. Where required by law we will seek your consent to changes in the way we use your personal information.
l) Contacting us
In the event of any query or complaint in connection with the information we hold about you, please email [email protected] or write to us at: Suite 3, Elizabethan House, Leicester Rd, Lutterworth LE17 4NJ
Version dated Mar 2021